Monday 3 September 2007

Why I had to buy a new mp3 player


Very, very happy about having an mp3 again. Trip into work this morning was a pleasure - despite having to thread the bike through the twin hazards of articulated lorries and thick smir - accompanied as it was by an eclectic mix of cretan folk, Polish dance and 90s indie.

It is also black and shiny and smooth and lights up electric blue when you press a button. Like I said, very, very happy.

Much better than my inert ipod... to which this reference allows me to tell the story of it's demise.

Came back from holiday two weeks ago with a rucksack full of smelly clothes. In fact, so concerned was I for their rabid condition that I had them stuffed into the washing machine within minutes of entering the flat. I think you can see where this is going...

... concept check question: Did he check the pockets?

To be fair, the ipod shuffle is so small that anyone could make the same mistake... and a fair few have. Naturally, when I realised my blunder I went online for an answer and found a veritable community of hapless victims. The general consensus seemed to be that five days drying out assisted periodically by a quick blast from a hairdryer would render it usable once more.

When 12 days passed last Saturday with no signs of life I decided to give in and buy the black one.

Like I said, very happy with it.

No comments: