Tuesday 28 August 2007

2007, August 28, 16.00 - A start

A cancelled Tuesday morning lesson for the English teacher working in a small German town but dreaming of Greece accounts for the start of this blog. 'Otherwise-ill-formed' because here I can finally find a satisfying solution to all those everyday epiphanies which would otherwise pass into the oblivion of forgetting... whilst deluding myself that I am actually 'communicating'. With such modest ambitions have I been drawn into this space. So a quick setting of the scene before the afternoon lesson... ... Arrived back from annual summer holiday 10 days ago. As usual, I feel gutted about having my idea of a life wrenched from me and replaced with, well, Germany. Who wouldn't? But as I surrender hope with every passing day, and as I accept the life that I had spent five weeks alternately deriding and forgetting, I am drawn back to the source of my only comfort in this grey, grey land.
My family... Verpflichtung calls

No comments: